What Each Awareness Ribbon Color Means for Your Custom Challenge CoinsPosted by Signature Coins | September 7, 2014 at 3:37pm | Topic: Awareness Ribbon Challenge Coins
A symbol translates well into any language. More importantly, it can be used to evoke emotion, encourage action, and educate those who seek more information. Universal symbols like the famous pink ribbon used by breast cancer charities and worn by supporters of all ages, signify hope. The selling of merchandise with different colors of ribbons helps raise funds and awareness about a specific cause or issue.
So, what do all the colors mean and how do they apply to your custom challenge coin order? Here are some of the initiatives and groups using awareness ribbon shaped coins to identify their cause and to shed light on the issues going on around them:
- Black. Anti-Gang, Melanoma, Mourning, POW-MIA, Suicide.
- Blue. Anti-Tobacco, Arthritis, Child Abuse Prevention, Colon Cancer, Crime Victim Rights, Domestic Violence, Drunk Driving, Education, Epstein-Barr Virus, Freedom of Speech, Hurricane Support, Police Officers Lost in the Line of Duty, Reye’s Syndrome, Water Safety.
- Gold. Childhood Cancer Awareness.
- Grey. Allergies, Aphasia, Asthma, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumors, Diabetes.
- Orange. Agent Orange Exposure, Cultural Diversity, Hunger Awareness, Leukemia, Lupus, Motorcyclist Safety, Multiple Sclerosis, Racial Tolerance, Roadway Construction Worker Safety.
- Pink. Birth Parents, Breast Cancer.
- Puzzle Piece. Autism.
- Red. DUI Awareness, Heart Disease, HIV/AIDS, MADD/DARE, Substance Abuse.
- Silver. Abuse of the Elderly, Children with Disabilities, Diseases or Disorders of the Brain, Parkinson’s Disease.
- Teal. Ovarian Cancer, Native American Reparations, Sexual Violence, Spaying and Neutering Pets, Substance Abuse, Tourette Syndrome.
- White. Adoption, Alzheimer’s Disease, Bone Disease and Bone Cancer, Child Exploitation and Abuse, Diabetes, Free Speech, Innocence, Peace, Poverty Awareness, Purity, Student Sexual Assault, Victims of Terrorism, Violence against Women.
- Yellow. Adoptive Parents, Deployed Soldiers, Endometriosis, Equality, Hope, Liver Cancer, Liver Disease, Missing Children, Missing Persons, Suicide.
Color combinations exist as well. It isn’t unusual to see two to three colors paired together on custom awareness ribbon coins. That’s what makes the customization process personal. You get to decide what looks visually appealing to you and you have the freedom to decide if your design needs a revision or not. We provide changes to your design free of charge upon request.
Placing an order for custom awareness ribbon coins could very well be the best thing you’ve done all year for your charity or cause. In addition to raising awareness, you are working to make the world a better place thanks to your thoughts and commitment. We commend you for your efforts and offer our assistance in creating an eye catching memento for you to hand out or sell throughout the year.
Email or call us right away. A no obligation, FREE price quote awaits you. Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call in your request as well. A sales representative can answer any questions you have. The number to reach us at is 1-800-953-3607 toll-free. Together, we can help raise awareness in your city.