A United states Military Tradition.
Military Officer Challenge Coins
Does your unit have challenge coins?
Every challenge coin a soldier receives during their career tells a small chapter of their service to the nation. Whether it was with the U.S. Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard, receiving a military challenge coin is the traditional way for a military officer to honor the services of their soldiers. When considering where to order your next set of challenge coins, we hope you remember it is with pride and joy that Signature Coins supplies these mementos to every branch of our nation’s military for the past 15 years.
Regardless of whether you have a design on paper or you have no idea where to start, our team of professional graphic designers help you develop the perfect design incorporating all of the emblems, slogans, and symbols of your unit.
What Are Challenge Coins?
Purportedly started in World War I, the gifting of a challenge coin from an officer to their unit is one of the longest running traditions in our nation’s armed forces. Officers give these tokens to every member of a unit serving together during a major milestone, whether it is graduating from boot camp, participating in a major operation together, or simply as a token of respect from one commander to their troops. Every coin is unique to each unit, operation, or officer, and typically incorporates the major emblems or slogans of a particular military branch or unit. In an intense environment where soldiers are tested every day to build character and form team bonds, a gift of a challenge coin represents palpable proof of respect and recognition of a soldier’s service and dedication.
Originally, challenge coins were literally coins, specially minted to honor a group of soldiers sharing a deployment or operation. However, while they remain a symbol of solidarity, these days they take on many shapes and sizes depending on the specifications of the officer who ordered them. Some officers order challenge coins that remain simple polished coins with the unit’s slogans and emblems printed on both sides, while other officers go for coins including ornate 3D facing and practical improvements such as bottle openers or screwdrivers. Officers today still give challenge coins to their units during major milestones and their use for this purpose is ubiquitous throughout our nation’s armed forces.
Ready To Get Started?
Ready To Get Started?
Whether you’re an officer hoping to create a new design from scratch or simply breathing new life to an older look, we urge you to take advantage of our high-quality products and quick turnaround times.
Our services include:
- Free artwork & design from a full team of professional graphic artists.
- Free unlimited revisions of a proof to ensure every finalized order is exactly as you’d want it.
- Free mold & setup for orders over 300.
- Quality workmanship 100% guaranteed.
- Free shipping within the United States.
We Proudly Serve These Military Branches
For over 15 years Signature Coins has been proud to provide high-quality products to the following branches of the military:
- U.S. Air Force Challenge Coins
- U.S. Army Challenge Coins
- U.S. Marine Corps Challenge Coins
- U.S. Navy Challenge Coins
- U.S. Coast Guard Challenge Coins
- U.S. Army National Guard Challenge Coins
- U.S. Air National Guard Challenge Coins
- U.S. Navy Reserve Challenge Coins
- U.S. Merchant Marine Challenge Coins
Each order for an officer makes is custom-made to their exact specifications. Our company can accommodate all manner of special requests for the design ranging from the size, shape, color, and more. We do everything to make the process of ordering, designing, and creating custom challenge coins simple, easy, and fast. Every order comes with a satisfaction guarantee and is completed in three easy steps.
Create a Custom Coin in 3 Simple Steps
Send us Your Ideas
Email, Call, or Submit A Quote Request Online
We Design for You
1st Proof in 24 hours
14 Day Turnaround
Shipped for free via UPS Priority Air
Step One: Get Your Free Preliminary Estimate and Quote
Our free quote form makes it easy for you to provide us with all the necessary details and options for your coins. We also work to integrate any ideas, artwork, logos, and text you may send into the final design. Our staff of graphic artists works one-on-one to create designs based on any information provided.
Step Two: Proofing and Ordering Your Challenge Coin
Once all of the information is submitted, we immediately work on developing a free digital color proof of your written description or sketch and send a finalized price quote for your project back to you usually within 24 to 48 hours.
Step Three: Receiving Your Finished Coins
We immediately start production after completing your order and have it delivered usually within 14 business days via FREE UPS Air shipping.
Options for Designing Custom Challenge Coins
We are devoted to providing consistent high-quality challenge coins to all of our military customers. Our representatives work with every client to make unique coins specific to each order including any special emblems, slogans, or symbols specific to the client’s order. Our coins are sized anywhere between 1” to 3”. Customers have a variety of both free and premium customization options including:
- Color - Choose to leave the coin in its natural metallic color or have it painted with up to seven colors on either side chosen from the full Pantone color spectrum.
- Coin Edge - There are six different options to decorate the edge every coin, providing a unique look and feel to each order.
- Plating - Plate your coin in antique gold, silver, or copper. Double plate a coin to create and highlight key details.
- 3D Coins - Allow specific details or elements of a design to literally pop or stand out of a coin’s surface by ordering a 3D coin.
- Offset Print - Offset printing creates an exact replica of an image or photograph on the surface of your coin.
- Silk Screen - Create a perfectly smooth coin surface by silk screening your design’s colors onto the coin.
- Epoxy Dome - Create a glassy and smooth finish over one or both sides of a coin with an epoxy dome.
If you are interested in creating a custom challenge coin for your unit, we welcome you to contact Signature Coins today. Simply choose from one of the options below and submit your ideas, and our artists will get your free design proof to you within 24 hours.