Special Operations Command Challenge Coins
Joint Branches Coming Together For Special Operations
In 1979, 52 American diplomats and citizens were taken hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran. What ensued was a 444 day long ordeal that would see massive failings on both sides reaching for a resolution. One of the major failures in that time would be Operation Eagle Claw, a rescue attempt conceived by the U.S. Government that would barely get off the ground before tragically taking the lives eight American service members. In the aftermath of the operation, it was determined that the failure could be traced back to a lack of unified command amongst the different branches of the U.S. Military involved in the mission. This led to the creation of the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) within the Department of Defense to ensure such a failure never happened again.
SOCOM is the Unified Combatant Command charged with overseeing the various Special Operations Component Commands of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force of the United States Armed Forces. Unlike some of the other Combatant Commands, SOCOM is not relegated to one specific region. Instead, the men and women in Special Operations participate in unique missions anywhere they’re needed. The special training required to be prepared for the various different types of missions seen in SOCOM is intense and crucial, but equally important is the ability for different soldiers from different branches to come together and work as a single unit. Special Operations Command challenge coins work to improve the cohesion and unity amongst these dedicated service members.
Signature Coins has provided challenge coins to the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, different branches of the U.S. Government and many other branches of the Armed Forces around the world. Our deep respect for the men and women serving their country isn’t limited to any one branch or any one country. The bravery required to serve on the front lines is something that should always be recognized and rewarded. As such, we look forward to the opportunity to supply custom SOCOM challenge coins. Give us a call today to get your custom challenge coin order started.
Unifying Forces With Special Operations Command Challenge Coins
Any given mission falling under the jurisdiction of SOCOM might have a number of different requirements or phases. The need to attack or provide reconnaissance from land, sea or air can spring up at any time. As such, the forces commanded by SOCOM cover all of the major branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. Bringing the soldiers from those branches together and ensuring they all play nice with one another requires a lot of special training and capable commanders.
The different subordinate commands within the Special Operations Command include:
- Joint Special Operations Command
- U.S. Army Special Operations Command
- 1st Special Forces Command Airborne
- 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta
- 75th Ranger Regiment
- Army Special Operations Aviation Command
- John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School
- U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command
- Marine Raider Regiment
- Marine Intelligence Battalion
- Marine Special Operations Support Group
- The Marine Special Operations School
- U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command
- United States Navy SEALS
- Naval Special Warfare Development Group
- SEAL Delivery Vehicle Teams
- Air Force Special Operations Command
- 1st Special Operations Wing
- 24th Special Operations Wing
- 27th Special Operations Wing
- 352nd Special Operations Wing
- 492nd Special Operations Wing
- 919th Special Operations Wing
One easy way to instill unity amongst the subordinate commands is to issue custom challenge coins created with each specific unit in mind. Incorporating design elements from their unique mottos, colors and insignia will bind the members of each unit closer together. To better see how Signature Coins’ unique customization options can be leveraged to accomplish those goals, give us a call today and speak to one of our customer support specialists!
Ready To Get Started?
Ready To Get Started?
Special Operations Command Challenge Coins Commemorating Specific Missions
While creating custom challenge coins for individual units is a great way to strengthen the bonds between the members of those units, the unifying requirements of SOCOM means these classic challenge coins are only one option available. Another option for creating unity amongst soldiers regardless of which unit they’re in is to create commemorative challenge coins representing specific SOCOM missions. These challenge coins are then delivered to the brave men and women who participated in those missions.
Some of the past SOCOM operations to draw inspiration from include:
- Operation Earnest Will — In 1987, United States forces ensured that neutral oil tankers and other merchant ships could safely transit the Persian Gulf during the Iran–Iraq War.
- Operation Provide Relief — In August 1992, the White House announced US military transports would support the multinational UN relief effort in Somalia during the country’s civil war.
- Operation Restore Hope — Forces created a protected environment for conducting humanitarian operations in the southern half of Somalia.
- Operation Anaconda — A mission to destroy al-Qaeda and Taliban forces in the Shahi-Kot Valley and Arma Mountains.
- Operation Neptune Spear — The operation that led to the death of Osama bin Laden.
These and more operations are overseen by SOCOM regularly. Custom challenge coins created commemorating such operations can be presented to participating officers and personnel signifying the bond amongst officers who band together to accomplish their goals.> Call and Speak to a Specialist Today
A Special Company for Special Operations
Signature Coins has over 15 years of experience handcrafting custom challenge coins for the United States Military. We have gleaned a unique perspective on the services that make up America’s defensive force and understand the sacrifice, courage, and integrity of each soldier. We, therefore, take special care to ensure each Special Operations Command challenge coin is minted to the finest industry standard. The goal of our company is to create original and compelling designs for challenge coins that do justice in representing the incredible service of America’s heroes.
We have earned a trusted reputation by delivering on our promises and offering a competitive list of services including:
- Free artwork
- Free quotes
- Free unlimited revision
- Free UPS Air shipping
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. We are happy to help in any way that we can. We are excited to be working with you! Thank you for choosing Signature Coins!