A US Military Tradition.
National Defense University Challenge Coins
Honor Future Military Leaders with National Defense University Challenge Coins
Every year, new students from each branch of the military and national defense agencies flock to the National Defense University (NDU) to begin their education in advanced leadership skills and other topics. The university was established in 1976 to consolidate intellectual resources and provide joint higher education for the nation’s defense community. Prior to that fateful moment, higher education was handled by the individual branches of the U.S. Military. With the founding of NDU, one holistic approach to educating defense personnel across all branches and agencies took root. Now, graduates from NDU go on to high ranking leadership roles within their branch of service as well as advisory positions within presidential administrations. The graduates cultivated by NDU are remarkable leaders in the industry, and in return for their years of service and dedication, we offer custom military challenge coins.
Here at Signature Coins, we perfectly understand this multifaceted approach; we’ve provided custom challenge coins to every branch of the U.S. Military and multiple branches of government for over 15 years. Respecting the service and sacrifice of all of the great men and women in uniform is a value we pride ourselves on. Our highly trained customer service specialists are here every day ready to help you, making the order process as quick and easy as possible. If you’re ready to start the process of designing and creating your National Defense University challenge coins, reach out to us today and we’ll get your first FREE artwork proof to you in 24 to 48 hours!
Custom NDU Challenge Coins for a Diverse Student Body
NDU isn’t like other schools offering military and leadership training courses. Funded by the Department of Defense and charted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, things like the processes of admissions is very different from other universities. NDU does not accept applications from individuals for admission. Instead, students are selected by their service, agency, department or country to attend NDU programs.
Being selected to attend The National Defense University is a great honor. When a student is tapped by their commanding officer and other leaders for courses within the university, it’s a moment where they’re being recognized as someone with great leadership potential. In that sense, the moment a student gets selected is an occasion for the earning of a custom challenge coin.
National Defense University challenge coins should be as diverse as the students attending classes. In addition to having students from each of the branches of the U.S. Military, civilian students are selected from the following Department of Defense and non-DoD Agencies:
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Department of Homeland Security
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Department of State
- Department of Treasury
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- U.S. Secret Service
- U.S. Transportation Command
- Defense Information Systems Agency
- United States Cyber Command
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Trade Commission
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Agencies from every level of government send their exceptional personnel to the National Defense University. These students with their diverse backgrounds and interests deserve challenge coins that are as customized as they are.
Challenge Coin Examples
Different Challenge Coins for Different Colleges
The National Defense University is made up of five different colleges. The holistic approach of the university allows the different values and subject matters of these colleges to inform and enhance each other, creating well-rounded leaders in their specific disciplines.
These five NDU colleges create opportunities for unique challenge coins for each of the students within them:
- College of Information and Cyberspace (CIC) — Formerly the Information Resource Management College (IRMC), the CIC educates and prepares selected military and civilian leaders and advisers to develop and implement cyberspace strategies, and to leverage information and technology to advance national and global security.
- College of International Security Affairs (CISA) — The CISA works hard to educate and prepare civilian and military national security professionals and future leaders for the strategic challenges of the contemporary security environment.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy — Formerly the Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF), the Eisenhower School prepares select military officers and civilians for strategic leadership and success in developing national security strategy and in evaluating, marshaling and managing resources in the execution of that strategy.
- Joint Forces Staff College (JFSC) — The JFSC endeavors to educate national security professionals to plan and execute operational-level joint, multinational, and interagency operations.
- National War College (NWC) — The NWC educates future leaders of the Armed Forces, Department of State, and other civilian agencies for high-level policy, command and staff responsibilities.
When creating National Defense University challenge coins, special attention should be paid to which of the colleges the student is attending. With each school having its own seal, colors, and focus, the customization options for your unique coins are endless. Call and speak with one of our specialists today for help on crafting your design and friendly suggestions on the best ways to make your custom challenge coins stand out.
National Defense University Challenge Coins Aren’t Just For Students
The students selected for admission to NDU are the future military and defense leaders of the nation, but they aren’t the only people at the school deserving of recognition by challenge coin. The student body of any university owes its success to the hardworking professors and staff of that university. Why not say thank you to the NDU faculty and staff with special employee appreciation challenge coins?
Given its esteemed position amongst schools, NDU attracts some of the most high profile speakers and guests the industry has to offer. Giving guests a special thank you in the form of a custom National Defense University challenge coin they’ll be able to cherish forever is another option.
Whatever you choose to do with your NDU challenge coins, let Signature Coins help you bring your designs to life. When you partner with us for your challenge coin needs, you’ll benefit from the following freebies:
- Free Artwork and Quote on every order
- Free Unlimited revisions so we can be sure to get the design perfect
- 14 Day Delivery upon completed orders
- Free shipping with UPS Priority Air
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed on all orders
Give us a call or fill out the quote request form found on this page and let us earn your business for this order and for all of your custom challenge coin orders in the future.