Joint Chiefs of Staff Challenge Coins
Reward Great Advice With Joint Chiefs of Staff Challenge Coins
Defense of a nation is often thought of in terms of the men and women on the front lines, but the actual work extends to more people than just the ones doing the fighting. Decisions have to be made, courses of action taken, and alternatives explored. Because these actions are often irrevocable, only the best council will suffice. To help the president, Secretary of Defense, and the National Security Council make the best decisions possible for the U.S., the Joint Chiefs of Staff bring their years of experience to the table and offer the best military advice possible. Department of Defense challenge coins exemplify the organization’s core values of duty, integrity, ethics, honor, courage, and loyalty. They also make a great gift for members and employees of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Trust Signature Coins to provide top quality DoD challenge coins whenever necessary. For over 15 years, we’ve created challenge coins for every branch of the U.S. military and multiple branches of the U.S. government. Law enforcement agencies across the nation have turned to us when they need challenge coins to honor their esteemed officers. Our years of experience have made us experts in the creation and delivery of custom challenge coins. Our customers turn to us knowing we’re not some fly-by-night organization, and they come back year after year because of our exceptional customer service. Choose Signature Coins as the source for your custom Joint Chiefs of Staff challenge coins and see for yourself what all we have to offer.
Joint Chiefs of Staff Command
The Joint Chiefs of Staff have no executive authority to command combatant forces. They used to have direct lines of communication to the combatant command, but that all changed with a congressional amendment in 1953. The JCS is composed from the high ranking individuals of each branch of the U.S. military, and the responsibilities that come along with a position on the JCS supercede any other duties the chiefs of military services may have.
The Joint Chiefs of Staff include:
- The Chairman
- The Vice Chairman
- The Chief of Staff of the Army
- The Chief of Naval Operations
- The Chief of Staff of the Air Force
- The Commandant of the Marine Corps
- The Chief of the National Guard Bureau
The Chairman and Vice Chairman are the highest and second highest ranking members of the Armed Forces respectively. The Chairman directly advises the president, secretary of defense and NSC when necessary, while the Vice Chairman is ready to step in for the Chairman whenever needed.
The military service chiefs perform their JCS duties while still being responsible for the running of their respective military branches. Overseeing an entire military branch while being expected to offer advice and insights to the leaders of a nation is no easy feat. The military service chiefs often wear multiple hats and deserve to be honored for their hard work and dedication.
Notably missing from the JCS is the Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard. While the USCG is a military branch, they’re organized under the Department of Homeland Security instead of the Department of Defense.
Ready To Get Started?
Ready To Get Started?
Come Together to Customize the Perfect JCS Challenge Coins
One of the great hallmarks of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is that they show how important it is to come together in order to get things accomplished. Leaders know how crucial it can be to look to different sources of expertise and experience to solve difficult problems. These traits are something we here at Signature Coins value as well. In coming together to create the best custom challenge coins possible, we offer you the following customization options:
- Shape and Size — Our coins often range in size from 1” - 3” and larger oversized coins are quickly becoming more popular. While the circular coin shape is traditional, other shapes are also available. The Joint Chiefs of Staff Identification Badge would make an outstanding challenge coin shape.
- Color — The full Pantone color spectrum is at your disposal for your coins. You can either leave the coin in a classic metallic coloration or choose up to seven colors for either, or both, sides of the coin.
- 3D Options — Over 10% of Signature Coins orders make use of a 3D mold. Raised lettering, logos or other design elements can really make your JCS challenge coin pop.
- Coin Edge — There are six different options for the design of the edge of your coin.
- Plating — Challenge coins often make use of either gold, silver or copper plating, but our choices don’t stop there. If you’re having a hard time choosing one option, you can always combine two for a truly unique look.
- Offset Printing — Offset printing creates an exact replica of an image or photograph on the surface of your coin. It’s the perfect option for honoring a specific JCS member.
- Silk Screen — Let your coin maintain a perfectly smooth surface by silk screening your design’s colors onto the coin.
- Epoxy Dome — Some customers like the original feel of the metal on the coin, but if you want a glassy and smooth finish over one or both sides of a coin, choose the epoxy dome option.
If at any point you feel stuck or unsure of what choices will best suit your custom Joint Chiefs of Staff challenge coin, feel free to drop by our coin gallery and see what other organizations have done in the past.
Call and Speak to a Specialist Today
Let Signature Coins Advise You On Creating JCS Challenge Coins
Here at Signature Coins, we believe that collaboration is the best path towards creating the perfect challenge coin for our customers. Along those lines, our well trained and highly dedicated team of artists and customer specialists are available to help whenever you need it. Working for over 15 years, we’ve seen it all, and we’re always ready with a helpful suggestion to make sure you can get the best out of your Joint Chiefs of Staff challenge coins when the time comes.
Give us a call or fill out the quote request form on this page to get started. Your first free artwork proof will be delivered to you in 24 - 48 hours after you give us your ideas for a set of challenge coins. From there, you’re in control with an unlimited number of FREE edits and revisions until we get the design exactly right! Contact us today and let’s get started!