Islamic Challenge Coins
Challenge coins bearing symbols of religious faith are commonly requested in pious organizations or groups with strong ties to different religious groups. Designed to honor the faith of their owners and represent the unity and membership of their group, these unique tokens serve double duty as both a symbol of membership and piety. Challenge coins bearing symbols of Islamic faith are most commonly found distributed among military chaplains who see to the spiritual needs of their units and often administer to a variety of background and ideologies. Additionally, Islamic symbols of faith are often featured on allied operational challenge coins including images of the crescent moon and star or olive branches to represent a mission to maintain peace.
At Signature Coins, we receive orders from clients hailing from all faiths and ideologies and our designs of religious challenge coins are possessed by brave servicemembers in every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces including the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and the U.S. Air Force. Operating since 2000, we are a leading producer of high-quality challenge coins that capture the spirit of our clients and unite their membership. We value and respect the long service of our military clients and strive to always provide consistent quality services with expert craftsmanship.
Islamic Symbols and their Meanings
Most Islamic challenge coins are commissioned for allied operations involving support from Middle Eastern nations working in concert with U.S. forces as a demonstration of unity and means of showing solidarity between combined forces. Within the U.S. Armed Forces, many of the symbols appear very rarely or are not understood by organizations commissioning challenge coins. However, during coalition deployments and local force operations in the Middle East against terrorist organizations like ISIS and Al Qaeda, these symbols can demonstrate a shared solidarity between allied forces from the Middle East and U.S. military components.
Islamic Symbols that are commonly used in to represent their faith include:
- The Color Green: A color heavily associated with the Mohammed and representing paradise. Many countries throughout the Middle East incorporate the color green as an aspect of their flag or national emblems in honor of their religious beliefs.
- The Star and Crescent: Associated as a symbol of the Ottoman Empire, it has become associated as a cultural symbol of Middle Eastern nations and their Islamic faiths. The Symbol is very commonly used on flags or emblems from predominantly Islamic nations.
- Islamic Calligraphy: A specialized form of artistic handwriting based on Islamic cultural history and the national languages of Islamic countries. Islamic calligraphy is one of the most respected forms of religious art and typically depicts religious scripture and phrases in Arabic such as “Allah” and “Muhammad.”
- Mosque and the Minaret: As centers of religious worship mosques are common throughout the world to provide for the spiritual needs of Islamic adherents. The iconic domed structure near mosques, known as a minaret, is as ubiquitous as a cross on a church. In modern times, these structures are used to call worshipers over for prayer.
Organizations and operations incorporating Islamic Symbols on their challenge coins include:
- Operation Inherent Resolve - Operational name for the U.S. led joint task force against ISIL territories in coordination with Iraqi allied forces.
- U.S. Military Chaplains - Specialized religious clergy who provide spiritual guidance and religious services to soldiers in the field covering a variety of different religious needs.
- U.S. Embassy Iraq - U.S. diplomatic mission located in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Marine Security Guard Detachments in Morocco - Marine Security Guard Units located in the Moroccan embassy to provide security.
- U.S. Embassy Pakistan - U.S. diplomatic mission to Pakistan, representing U.S. interests and partnership with the country.
Ready To Get Started?
Ready To Get Started?
Customizing Islamic Challenge Coins
At Signature Coins, we have over 15 years of industry experience developing challenge coins for organizations and groups located all over the world. Religion and faith are some of the most important facets of people’s lives and we strive to do our best to honor and respect the needs of our clients. Our challenge coins have been used as both symbols of faith and membership for individuals throughout the U.S. and we work one to one with each client to ensure complete accuracy. Whether a client wants to represent the Star and Crescent emblem, paint their coin green in honor of Islamic faith or want us to copy hand-written Islamic calligraphy, our team of experts are ready and waiting to provide a full host of services that bring your challenge coin to life.
Our company tirelessly devotes itself to providing consistent high-quality challenge coins that honor the organizations and needs of our clients. Signature Coin representatives work with every client to make unique coins specific to each order including any special religious emblems, slogans, or symbols specific to the client’s order. Typically, our coins are sized anywhere between 1” to 3,” but we can make them as large as 9” or as small as a quarter depending on a client’s desires and needs.
Our customization options include:
- Color - Choose to leave the coin in its natural metallic color or have it painted with up to seven colors on either side chosen from the full Pantone color spectrum.
- Coin Edge - There are six different options to decorate the edge every coin, providing a unique look and feel to each order.
- Plating - Plate your coin in antique gold, silver, or copper. Double plate a coin to create and highlight key details.
- 3D Coins - Allow specific details or elements of a design to literally pop or stand out of a coin’s surface by ordering a 3D coin.
- Offset Print - Offset printing creates an exact replica of an image or photograph on the surface of your coin.
- Silk Screen - Create a perfectly smooth coin surface by silk screening your design’s colors onto the coin.
- Epoxy Dome - Create a glassy and smooth finish over one or both sides of a coin with an epoxy dome.
Call and Speak to a Specialist Today
Signature Coin Pledge
At Signature Coins, we’ve worked with clients across multiple faiths and responsibilities located all over the world. One of the greatest hallmarks of our services is the respect and attention to detail that we offer to all of our clients no matter their organization or beliefs. We understand the significance of religious symbols to our clients and we strive to provide high-quality products that truly represent an adherent faith. Whether you are a community leader helping to form spiritual bonds with your community or a national organization paying respects to the membership, we offer valuable insight and quality services you can count on.