Central Command Challenge Coins
Established during the midst of the Cold War in 1983, the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) is unified combatant command organizing and directing military operations throughout the central globe including contested regions of Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria within its area of responsibility. From its headquarters at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida, CENTCOM commands military forces from every branch of the U.S. military including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Navy. With the aid of thousands of expert command staff and the service of valorous soldiers, pilots, and sailors, CENTCOM faces terrorist threats and international opposing military forces. As a unified combatant command of the U.S. military, one of the most common traditions among soldiers and commanders within CENTCOM is the design and commission of custom challenge coins recognizing and representing the roles different units play in the overall mission.
Challenge coins are used in every branch of the U.S. military to represent membership within the U.S. Armed Forces and the bonds of camaraderie between servicemembers under CENTCOM. As CENTCOM is composed of members from every branch of the U.S. military, hundreds of different challenge coins for commanders or units are commissioned to represent the unique cultures and identities of their members. However, U.S. Central Command challenge coins are found in the ownership of various military personnel, intelligence staff, commanders, and soldiers directly serving the auspices of CENTCOM. CENTCOM challenge coins often bear marks distinguishing different organizations and the staff may claim membership under or may be personalized for the top commanders to be given out as personal tokens of respect.
At Signature Coins, we design and produce high-quality Department of Defense challenge coins that honor and pay respect to the services of our nation’s defenders. With hundreds of different possible customization options available and expert staff who’ve worked with military organizations for over 15 years, our products are some of the best on the market.
Organization of United States Central Command
One of the defining factors characterizing any challenge coin design is the client commissioning the coin. Composed of many different coalition forces and typically separate military assets, CENTCOM is organized down into different component commands with jurisdiction over different military focuses according to each branch of the Armed Forces. Additionally, the organization itself makes use of multiple intelligence assets and agents through the Joint Intelligence Center, Central Command, or JICCENT. The separate component commands under CENTCOM all cover different geographic and organizational boundaries with their own leaders and personalities, not to mention distinct military units working with them and coalition allies.
To represent their distinct roles under the United States Central Command, many different groups and agencies under their component commands develop challenge coin designs indicative of their roles and responsibilities. While each fall under the heading of a United States Central Command challenge coin, no two are exactly alike, and most carry their own embellishments to better reflect the character and spirit of their organization.
The component commands of CENTCOM include:
- U.S. Army Central - Headquartered at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina, U.S. Army Central forces are the land control experts in much of the Middle East and Central Asia. Their motto is "Tertia Semper Prima," which translates to “Third, Always First,” and is one of the common elements found in challenge coins made in their honor.
- U.S. Naval Forces Central Command - Headquartered in Manama, Bahrain, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command hosts the U.S. 5th Fleet and is key to over 2.5 million miles of land and water over the Arabian Gulf, Gulf of Oman, North Arabian Sea, Gulf of Aden, and the Red Sea. With the motto, “Ready, Resilient, Reliable,” they maintain security and stability over the Central Region.
- U.S. Air Forces Central Command - Also located at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina, U.S. Air Forces Central Command controls most major air operations by deploying assets and training recruits. The organization directly commands six different air wings and their component groups.
- U.S. Marine Corps Forces Central Command - Headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida, this organization is responsible for directing U.S. Marine forces under CENTCOM.
- U.S. Special Operations Command Central - Headquartered at both MacDill Air Force Base and Qatar, this organization performs a variety of counter-insurgency activities and performs a variety of unconventional war operations.
Ready To Get Started?
Ready To Get Started?
Designing Challenge Coins With Signature Coins
Every order made to our company is treated with absolute respect for the symbols, history, and traditions of our military clients. Our coins are completed through an easy three-step process taking your concept and turning it into a symbol of service and honor.
Signature Coins accommodates all manner of special requests for the design ranging from the size, shape, color, and more. Our goal and promise to our customers is to make the process of ordering, designing, and creating custom challenge coins simple, easy, and fast.
Step One: Get Your Free Preliminary Estimate and Quote
- Our free quote form makes it easy for you to provide us with all the necessary details and options for your coins. We work to integrate any ideas, artwork, logos, and text you may send into the final design.
Step Two: Proofing and Ordering Your Challenge Coin
- A team of professional artists and graphic designers are standing by to help guide you at every step of the design process. Whether you have an idea or design on paper already or you have no idea where to start, we stand ready to help you from start to finish.
Step Three: Receiving Your Finished Coins
- We immediately start production after completing your order’s design and have it delivered usually within 14 business days via FREE UPS Air shipping.
Call and Speak to a Specialist Today
Signature Coins Services
With an Area of Responsibility over 20 countries, 522 million people, 7 major languages, and more than 12 major religions, CENTCOM takes on essential military operations with expertise and professionalism. At Signature Coins, we are proud to provide our craftsmanship and expertise to the design of challenge coins that honor the brave soldiers and staff under CENTCOM.
Clients who order our services receive experts providing a full design and production service. Over our 15 years of service, we have consistently crafted high-quality challenge coins that take into account all of the rich history and cultures of the organizations that come to us. Our team of professional artists works individually with each client to bring their ideas from a base concept to a fully-plated coin they can prize for years to come.
Trust us to provide quality services including:
- Free Color Artwork with Each Quote
- Free Unlimited Revisions on Every Design
- Free Priority UPS Air Shipping Within the U.S.
- Guaranteed Delivery Within 14 Days of a Completed Order
- 100% Quality Guarantee on All Products