Border Patrol Challenge Coins
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
In recognition of their efforts, many of the 60,000 employees of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) receive custom challenge coins from their officers reminding them of their duty in facilitating trade, enforcing regulations, and monitoring travel into the U.S. According to the CBP website, every day the officers of the CBP work to safeguard U.S. borders and enforce U.S. border laws and regulations. Uniformed Border Patrol Officers cooperate alongside forensic scientists, international trade specialists, public affairs officers and groups of other specialists to vet international trade in and out of the country.
Government challenge coins are gifted to CBP officers and employees to recognize their efforts and to reward them of exceptional service. These coins usually carry the slogans and emblems of the CBP organization and serve as a symbol to recipients of the standards of their office and their duties as members of the CBP.
At Signature Coins, we have been in the business of designing and producing quality custom challenge coins for clients in both the military and law enforcement for over 15 years. Ours is a trusted brand for quality service and quick production. Regardless of whether you have a design on paper or you have no idea where to start, our team of professional graphic designers helps you develop the perfect design.
What are Border Patrol Challenge Coins?
The gift of a challenge coin is one of the oldest military traditions in the U.S. and it's a tradition that has long spread to law enforcement as a means to build morale between agents and officers. Some challenge coins are commissioned by a CBP department to be given to every member of the local organization as a symbolic sign of membership. Other border protection challenge coins are commissioned by high ranking officers or officials as a personal symbol to be gifted to individual employees or officers as a physical token of their respect and regard.
Each local headquarters of personnel or distinct organization under the CBP may have unique challenge coins made to represent their office.
Examples of include:
- CBP Officers - Under the Office of Field Operations (OFO,) CBP Officers are the largest component of the CBP and may have unique challenge coins made for each of their regional headquarters.
- Agricultural Specialists - Stationed along the border and at ports of entry, agricultural specialists analyze and inspect international commodities for pests and potential bioterrorism. These specialists may earn challenge coins by intercepting biological threats and performing essential duties as part of the enforcement team. As active members of the enforcement team, Agricultural Specialists enforce regulations from the CDC, FDA, and FWS.
- United States Border Patrol (USBP) - Charged with patrolling the border and preventing terrorists, illegal weapons, or undocumented immigrants from entering U.S. borders, the USBP is a trained uniformed law enforcement organization that uses advanced technology to accomplish its goals.
- Border Patrol Academy - Border Patrol Agents may earn custom academy challenge coins from their instructors after successfully completing the rigorous 19-week training course
- Border Patrol Chief - The leadership of the CBP including the Chief and Deputy Chief of the Border Patrol may also commission unique coins for their own distribution to agents they believe deserving of their personal regard.
Office of Air and Marine (AMO) - Custom challenge coins distinct from CBP Patrol Officers or Patrol Agents are gifted to members of AMO, the world’s largest civilian aviation and maritime law enforcement organization.
Ready To Get Started?
Ready To Get Started?
Designing a Border Patrol Challenge Coin
Our team of professional artists and graphic designers have developed a streamlined and effective process for designing and producing custom challenge coins for Border Patrol Agents, officers, headquarters, and more.
Once a client completes or order form, we immediately leap to action drafting a proof and calculating an initial quote based on the needs of the project, which we then send back to the client within 24-48 hours. If there’s any element on the initial proof you want to be changed or revised, that’s no problem! Signature Coins offers free unlimited revisions to each of our clients and you can ask for changes on our latest draft as many times as you want before approving the precise design you want to go to production. Once we receive final approval to go forward with a design, we begin production immediately and have it delivered to your doorstep within 14 days.Call and Speak to a Specialist Today
Customizing Border Patrol Challenge Coins
Signature Coins has options for customizing every part of a challenge coin to make each client’s order unique and distinct to their specific department or unit. With Patrol Agents stationed along wide swaths of U.S. territory, we understand that Border Patrol Agents often have their own unique mascots, cultures, and symbols significant to their individual units. Our representatives work individually with each client to find the best way to present an organization. We can work with any idea or concept ranging from a fully drawn up design to a napkin doodle or written description.
Each order of challenge coins includes a host of different ways to customize just about every detail of the coin including:
- Shape and Size - Our coins can range anywhere from 1” to 3” in size. We recommend getting a coin at least 1.75” in size for the best balance between detail and cost.
- Color - Either leave the coin in its natural metallic or have it painted with up to seven colors on either side from the full Pantone color spectrum.
- Coin Edge - There are six different options to decorate the edge of every coin, providing a unique look and feel to each order.
- Plating - Have your coin plated in antique gold, silver, or copper to highlight details or choose to double plate a coin in two different metals to create and highlight key details.
- 3D Coins - Have details or elements of a design such as an emblem, slogan, or illustration literally pop or stand off a coin’s surface by ordering a 3D coin.
- Offset Print - Offset printing creates an exact replica of an image or photograph on the surface of your coin.
- Silk Screen - Let your coin maintain a perfectly smooth coin surface by silk screening your design’s colors onto the coin.
- Epoxy Dome - Create a glassy and smooth finish over one or both sides of a coin with an epoxy dome.
- Coin Cut Outs - Interior sections of a challenge coin can be customized and “cut out” in the shape of unique symbols or to emphasize specific details.
- Sequential Numbering - Every coin in an order has the option of adding sequential numbering to either side of the coin to make each one unique to their recipient.
- Glow in the Dark - Using special materials we can make challenge coins that stand out in both the day and night by glowing in the dark.